I started modifying the Marlin 795 later in the afternoon and just brought the ATI Fiberforce stock inside from recent painting since its warmer then my garage and I wanted to see it installed. I didn’t receive my scope this week as I thought I would so that will go on next week. I also just received my Caldwell NXT rest the other day. I am going to go ahead and bring the Marlin to the range tomorrow for kicks and test out the iron sights. My rear sight was installed crooked, looking down sights it is way to the right. Very tiny rifle compared to my old bolt action. Looking forward to tomorrow!
I also used the Krylon Camouflage paints (khaki, olive, brown) … forgot to add that I used Krylon Matte clear on top of the paint in hopes of added durability. The pattern I used for painting came from local plants and some neat fake foliage I found at a floral dept in a craft store.
Since I’ve never done this before I got a lot of great tips and ideas from the guys over at Sniper’s Hide.