My recent trip to the range with the Marlin 795 confirmed that there is no way the new one piece scope mount will be moving anytime soon. The scope mount probably would be secure without the extra loctite blue I added but it’s just added insurance at this point. Others that were using two piece mounts have experienced the mount moving after shooting hundreds of rounds. I ensured that the mount and the receiver were cleaned of all oils and grime using Gun Scrubber and a rag. I furthermore added a few drops of Loctite Blue to the inside left of the actual mount and also to the threads of the 5 mount screws.
Here is the Intensity 4-12x44mm AO scope that is going on my Marlin 795. I am mounting it using a One Piece Mount that will be extremely secure and prevent and scope movement. The scope mount rings you see in the pics below are going on another rifle, and it’s a bolt-action unlike the Marlin 795 semi-automatic.
I started modifying the Marlin 795 later in the afternoon and just brought the ATI Fiberforce stock inside from recent painting since its warmer then my garage and I wanted to see it installed. I didn’t receive my scope this week as I thought I would so that will go on next week. I also just received my Caldwell NXT rest the other day. I am going to go ahead and bring the Marlin to the range tomorrow for kicks and test out the iron sights. My rear sight was installed crooked, looking down sights it is way to the right. Very tiny rifle compared to my old bolt action. Looking forward to tomorrow!
I also used the Krylon Camouflage paints (khaki, olive, brown) … forgot to add that I used Krylon Matte clear on top of the paint in hopes of added durability. The pattern I used for painting came from local plants and some neat fake foliage I found at a floral dept in a craft store.
Since I’ve never done this before I got a lot of great tips and ideas from the guys over at Sniper’s Hide.